Senior Back-End Engineer F/M
Our client is pioneering the use of payment card data and turning it into powerful customer knowledge & business insights for merchants, allowing them to run their own loyalty programs and digital marketing campaigns.Postuler
These marketing services, provided by acquirers using their SaaS solutions, quickly restore growth to merchant businesses by building their customers (the card-holders) spending and stickiness.
Our client ingest multiple millions of transactions per day. They are also enroll millions of users and link them with merchants. Their purpose is to allow the card holders to benefit from the purchases they make, and allow their merchants to grow their loyalty base.
Your role in this would be to be the glue code linking the data with the web application.
You will work on all fronts of the backend systems, from the pipes with the banks, where we receive the transactions, shops, loyalty members and terminal info and transform and send down the data pipeline. The merchant and partner flows when users authenticate, and communicate to various system sections, and then user microservices which represent self standing features.
They are migrating their system to fit the SaaS model more and more, and you will be a key figure in this transformation.
- Design and build features in their existing mature codebase.
- Design and build standalone, new features via scalable microservices.
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain new features & components.
- Propose and develop innovative solutions to achieve the best levels of quality,scalability and performance of their engine
- Research, prototype, and brainstorm with other team members and find ways to improve existing systems.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
- Master degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 3+ years of software development in an open source environment
- Proven experience in JVM based technologies (Java 8/10, Groovy)
- Experience in cloud environment automation (Docker)
- Experience with CICD environments, where you test, build and deploy your code
Would be a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and know-how to identify opportunities of improvement
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Proven Experience with auto scaling microservices
- Experience managing microservice infrastructure - Terraform, ansible
You will work in a challenging and fast-paced context with varied projects and get awesome opportunities to develop your skills and grow internally.
Flexible working policy.